Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Guest Tech PD Post ~ Tech PD Reflection







By:  Tammy Riska


After taking Tech PD, I feel really comfortable walking into a classroom and using technology.  This is my 2nd course in the last 6 months and I am so happy I decided to take these on!  In Tech PD, almost everything I did was brand new to me.  I took on two big projects and feel very successful in both!  I created a Weebly page and became semi-versed with Symbaloo.  

I am so excited to share my new love for technology on your blog.  The biggest accomplishment that I had in this course was learning about Weebly and Symbaloo.  As part of my integration project, I created a Weebly page about Brain Breaks and the importance of taking Brain Breaks throughout the day.  I compiled a page for grades K-3 and 4-6 with quick ideas and links to different types of brain breaks to use in the classroom.  I learned how to embed links to my page.  I have never designed a website so this was all new to me.  It took some time to play around with the layout and format that I wanted to use.  I am sure I may change it as I become more comfortable with Weebly.  But for my first try, I think I did pretty good!  I also included a short teacher survey to provide some feedback about my weebly page(which I learned how to do in Going Google in the spring)!
download.jpg
Not only did I learn about Weebly but I learned about a neat tool called Symbaloo.  This is a quick way to organize videos in folders.  I created a Symbaloo account and then a folder titled Brain Breaks.  I searched Symbaloo and the internet for videos that might be useful to the classroom teacher.  After gathering videos appropriate for grades K-6, I thought it would be a great idea to have it directly accessible via my weebly page.  So I attached it right to tammyriska.weebly.com.  It is all accessible via one page!  

I hope that teachers will find my weebly page helpful in getting the wiggles out of their students.  I know that I will use it when I am subbing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment